Garden of Life is a company that manufactures an array of probiotic supplements. Its RAW range features products for kids, people experiencing colon issues, men, women, women that suffer from frequent yeast infections, ladies over the age of 50 and people interested in overall health improvements.
Garden of Live RAW Probiotics Women is one of the company’s popular products. The following review will help you figure out if it’s right for you.
How Does It Work?
According to the manufacturer’s official website, RAW Probiotics Women is formulated to meet the health needs of women. The bacterial strains chosen enhance colon health, strengthen the immune response and reduce the risk of experiencing vaginal problems like yeast and candida infections.
Just like other probiotics, RAW Probiotics Women brings together a range of beneficial bacterial strains. These beneficial bacteria live in the gut and control pathogens.
They either kill harmful bacteria or reduce the size of their colonies. The activity of these beneficial bacteria helps the body overcome common issues by increasing its natural defense abilities.
The official product presentation suggests that Garden of Life RAW Probiotics Women features 32 strains of bacteria. Some of the most important ingredients in the supplement’s formula include the following:
- Lactobacillus reuteri
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus
- Lactobacillus casei
- Lactobacillus helveticus
- Streptococcus thermophilus
- Lactobacillus brevis
The formula is further enhanced through the addition of Bulgarian yogurt concentrate, kefir concentrate, red bell pepper, fruit extracts, a dairy-digesting enzyme blend and a medley of vitamins and minerals (vitamins C, D, E, B, calcium, iodine, chromium, manganese, copper, magnesium and selenium).
All of the nutrients are derived from raw foods, which makes the product somewhat different from other probiotics on the market. The natural sources ensure the quality and the longevity of the probiotic strains.
As a result of this comprehensive formula, women taking the supplement can expect the following health benefits:
- Improved colon health and a better digestive function
- Improved absorption of nutrients
- Stronger immune response
- Reduced risk of experiencing dysbiosis (the lack of balance between beneficial and harmful microorganisms in the gut)
- Enhanced vaginal health
Women that have given RAW Probiotics Women a try have written numerous customer reviews. Some of the biggest benefits mentioned by individuals that have used the product include the following:
- Safe, natural and side effect-free
- The formula has a colony forming units count of 85 billion
- A formula that targets the specific health concerns that women have
- The formula is free from binders, fillers and synthetics
- The probiotics are derived from raw and natural sources of beneficial bacteria
- The capsules are vegetarian, gluten and soy-free
- Reasonably priced (one bottle is sufficient for 90 days), plus discounts are available for bulk purchases
- Several people report having overcome problems like chronic candida by using the probiotic
- The supplement ships internationally
- It can be bought through numerous online stores, including the manufacturer’s website and Amazon
The formula doesn’t have that many shortcomings but it misses the mark in a couple of ways worth mentioning:
- There’s no enteric coating or another form of protection that keeps the probiotic bacteria safe and unaffected by the stomach acid
- The supplement should be kept refrigerated because it contains probiotics from a raw food source (low shelf life)
- Since the formula is quite potent, it can lead to digestive issues in some people
- Some people taking the supplement haven’t noticed any difference in their health at all
The probiotic market has a lot to offer and Garden Life RAW Probiotics Women is one of the popular picks. The formula does feature a wide range of good bacteria and the product is reasonably priced.
On the downside, it has a limited shelf life in comparison to other products. This is why the supplement gets a 1.5-star rating.