This policy is valid from 6th of January 2016
The Federal Trade Commission requires that I disclose any relationship I have between a product manufacturer or service provider when I write about a product or service.
While it is a good practice for the visitor of any review site to treat every product recommendation with a healthy degree of skepticism, it would be a mistake to assume that every review is invalid just because there may be a commission paid to the reviewer.
Here are some of the readers protections we attempt to build into our reviews:
- Many of the reviews contain lots of factual information that is easily verifiable. We always try to provide an honest and accurate assessment.
- The review includes a section that is a subjective summary. This is based on the personal experience of the reviewer.
- Attempts are made to establish the general consensus in relation to specific products by reading reviews of those products on other sites, along with user testimonials and we attempt to portray this overall perception in our reviews.
- We always provide links to the manufacturers’ website to provide additional information that is not available in our reviews. Some of this information can include customer testimonials, more specific product details, sales information, free newsletters and even samples.
These are good rules of practice. It is important for you as a consumer to understand the relationship between a person reviewing the product and the manufacturer.
If you do not see a disclosure policy on a review site, that reviewer may be committing an offence.
- If I create a link to a product or service in a review, sometimes I may get paid a commission if you purchase the product or service. These links are included within and/or after posts are written, and posts are never composed for the purpose of including advertising.
This blog is a collaborative blog written by a group of individuals. This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.
This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.